Monday 21 March 2022

Essay: An Encounter with an Alien

 

An Encounter with an Alien 


There was a knock on my door; I woke up to see before me a strange looking boy, with two antenna-like objects sticking out of his head over a hairy body. His owl-like round eyes resembled the characters I had just seen from Mars. I screamed in fright, but he said something in an alien language and gesticulated with his hands, indicating that he meant no harm. I stared at him in disbelief, unable to even scream.


Sensing that I was frightened, he gave me a translator to put on my ears that would allow me to understand his language. I learnt that he indeed had come from Mars. He wanted to take me to his friends and show me his planet. He extended his thin wiry like hand in friendship. Though he sounded friendly, I was scared because I knew not what would offend him.


He talked about life on Mars, telling me that it is much bigger than our planet earth, having its own solar system. They do not eat, for they survive on noble gases that are in abundance. I politely requested him to let me sleep, for I had to wake up early to attend school.


He reacted with alacrity. Snatching the translator from my hand, he pointed his gun at me and in a flash I was in flames . I screamed with all my might “Help, Help, this boy from Mars has killed me.” I suddenly felt a splash of cold water on my face. Opening my eyes I saw and realised that it was all but a dream.


Thank you.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

એક ઐતિહાસિક સ્થળ: રાણપુરનો ગઢ

રાણપુરનો ગઢ શું તમારી યાદીમાં એવા કોઈ ઐતિહાસિક સ્થળ છે જેની મુલાકાત લેવા તમે બહુજ ઉત્સાહિત હતા અથવા છો? અહીં આ બ્લૉગમાં હું આવા જ એક ઐતિહાસિ...